Tuesday, June 4, 2013

May Favourites


A little bit late with this one, just a few things I have been loving and using throughout May. Some things I have mentioned/reviewed on here before so I won't go into too much detail on those but I will leave links for anyone who would like to read more. 


No7 Beautiful Skin Gel Cleanser


So this one I have reviewed before. (No7 Skincare Review) I only tried this product recently as No7 is never a brand I very often buy. I really love the consistency of this cleanser, it really leaves my skin feeling very refreshed without leaving that feeling of product build up on my skin. It leaves a smooth finish and that feeling is still there the next morning. I have been using this everyday since I bought it and I have noticed a big improvement on my skin!


L'oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim


So far I have always been pretty happy with my liquid eyeliner. I have been using Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner for ages now and I really like it. I mentioned this in my post on my everyday makeup how I prefer the more solid brush than the 'floppy' ends. I seen this eyeliner mentioned by Zoella on YouTube and I liked the sort of felt tip end on it. This eyeliner is great for precision. It is so easy to create just a slim straight line across the top of your lid. It is perfect as well for anyone who likes to do a small flick to the outside of their eye. Another thing I love about it applies in an intense black colour but it stays like this throughout the day, not fading which I find a lot of liquid liners can do once they dry in. 


I Love...Strawberries and Milkshake


(Excuse the almost used up bottle) So I have mentioned here before, how much I love anything that smells good and am a big lover of the Soap and Glory products. I got bought this shower gel as a gift and I am in love with the smell of it! It is so sweet but still kind of refreshing, which might be hard to believe, but it really is! This is an exfoliating scrub but I think because the gel is so creamy it isn't overly harsh on your skin. I use this as my everyday shower gel and I really love it, really want to try some of their other scents!


Real Techniques Expert Face Brush


I have mentioned this on here also before in a review so I won't go into too much on this. I have been using this brush everyday for my makeup and I love it. The finish of my makeup is so much smoother and I even find my makeup lasts better through the day because the makeup is being buffed into my skin. Real Techniques have such a good range of brushes for a really reasonable price. I don't think I would ever really go back to using my old style of make up brush. 


Henera Hair Treatment


I bought this product last year but I only recently got around to repurchasing. I have quite bad split ends and my hair can be quite dry so I am always pretty open to trying new products to improve my hair! This only cost me 2-3euro which is so cheap for a hair treatment. It leaves my hair feeling really conditioned and healthy. I leave it on for around 10 minutes after I have shampooed my hair then just rinse it in the shower. The effects of this don't really last for a long period of time. It is more of a quick fix product, lasting for maybe around a week but even so, only a few euro for quite a big tub is decent.


Cobalt Blue


I have always been one for, when I fall in love with a colour I end up with quite a bit of it in my wardrobe,etc. This nearly always happens around summer time for some reason. This year I have had a few, I have been loving bright orange and yellow also but blue is definitely my favourite. It is such a striking colour and I love how much it stands out. I definitely will be looking out for more items in this shade!
Paisley Shirt - Topshop
A line Skirt - Topshop
Essie Nail Polish - Butler Please


Rose Gold


So over the past few months I have build up my jewellery collection quite a bit (mostly consisting of rings) The majority of my jewellery is gold, as I don't really wear silver very much. More recently I have started buying rose gold jewellery. I really love the colour, I find it to be slightly more subtle than gold. I find rose gold so easy to work with when it comes to statement necklaces, etc. You never really have to worry about it looking tacky. I like the rose gold also because it is a bit of a change from gold but perfect for anyone who, like myself, don't really wear silver. 
Necklace - Wallis
Rings - Topshop


Smoothie Making


So this is a little random one. During the month of May I decided I wanted to start eating healthier and exercising more. I like fruit but I never really eat it very often, I quicker go for sweet or savory snacks out of complete habit really. Instead of snacking between meals I have converted to having smoothies. It is such a good way to get your intake of fruit, especially for anyone who doesn't eat it very often. My usual mixtures aren't very easy to share with anyone as I don't go by measurements at all, I mix until it tastes good! I like to put blueberries and pineapple into these then mix a bit of natural yogurt as well. I plan to keep this up now, especially during summer as a good way to stop me drinking to much tea as well! 



L&A




No comments:

Post a Comment