Thursday, June 6, 2013

Over The Years | Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

I have seen this post on a few different blogs, people talking about the careers of some of their favourite models, so I thought I'd add my two pennies worth. I have seen these posts on Cara Delevingne, Kate Moss,etc. so I kind of wanted to do someone different. I don't really have one favourite, I have loads! I love Cara Delevingne, Daisy Lowe, Miranda Kerr, etc,etc,etc....

Out of all the models I love I think it would be Rosie Huntington-Whiteley that I would admire the most.


She was born in Plymouth in 1987 and literally took her career into her own hands. She grew up in a rural area and all she wanted was to have that glamorous, urban lifestyle. She wanted to experience the big city and escape, what she saw as, 'boring' farm life. 
She spent a lot of time in London seeking a contract with any modelling agency she could. It was her persistence that helped her get discovered by Profile Model Management. 
Most models you here about, just happened to be in the right place at the right time and got extremely lucky so I love how Rosie Huntington-Whiteley sought after her own career, knowing what she wanted to do and pursued that until she reached her goal.




Rosie Huntington-Whiteley made her first Fashion Week debut in 2004 modelling for British  designer Betty Jackson's Spring/Summer 2005 collection.
It was then in 2005 that she first appeared in international Vogue, Vogue Nippon.

Huntington-Whiteley firstly appeared with Victoria Secret for their PINK collection, in 2006. It was then in 2009, that she officially became a Victoria Secret Angel.

Left - 2006 Victoria Secret 'PINK' collection
Right - 2009 officially a Victoria Secret Angel


After her first appearance on the Victoria Secret catwalk, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's career rocketed. In 2008, she became the face of Burberry after being casted by Christopher Bailey. This has been done by so many substantial models, Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Jerry Hall, Agyness Deyn, Jourdan Dunn so I think it is pretty amazing how Whiteley achieved this pretty early on in her career, when she still had that very innocent, fresh-faced look.



It was in 2008, I think Rosie Huntington-Whiteley really became a household name. For anyone, global success is amazing but to be appreciated from home is always going to be a huge, meaningful part of anyones career, especially in the public eye. And for that achievement to be on the cover of British Vogue is pretty amazing.

Pictured alongside Jourdan Dunn and
Eden Clarke as part of a celebration of
British Models.
Alongside being a Victoria Secret Angel, the face of Burberry, on the cover of Vogue, etc. Rosie Huntington Whiteley has been part of various highstreet and beauty brand campaigns, again, internationally. She has appeared in campaigns for Topshop, Abercrombie and Fitch, DKNY, French Connection, Clinique and Ralph Lauren, to name only a few. The fact that she is quite a familiar face on the highstreet, I think, keeps her sort of less alien as maybe some models. She appears as more of a girl-next-door kind of model, with her blonde hair, blue eyed look even though she is insanely gorgeous! I love her full lips and amazing statuesque figure.
She has literally done so much within her career and she is still only 26. I think she really is admirable, coming from a pretty normal lifestyle and working her way to wear she is today.
She's amazing 










L&A





1 comment: