Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Little Taste of Summer | Update #1

So, as I have wrote about on here before, me Anna and some of our friends are trying our best to make the most of our summer at home. I won't go into too much detail on it again, but for anyone who has no idea what I am talking about, you can read my previous post on here A Little Taste of Summer to get you up to speed.
So this is just a little update on that plan letting you guys know how it is actually going. I have been taking a lot of snaps from any of our days out so this is going to be a very photo-friendly post!

I must say, I have actually been so proud of us which probably sounds a bit odd, but I really am haha! We have actually been doing really well, going on these little day trips and spending next to nothing!




So the first trip was a day out to Glenveagh National Park with my older brother. I haven't been here since I was really young, I barely remembered it so I really wanted to go back. I have been torturing everyone I know since about January so I was so glad to finally get to go! For anyone who doesn't know, it is a really old castle built in the 1800s but it has been modernized quite a bit with different people owning it, most recently was the 1970s. So it is quite recent on the inside, but still really interesting to walk around the gardens themselves are pretty unreal!









We took an actual tour of the castle, tour guide and the works, which I was slightly disappointed with. He showed us the guts of around 5 rooms and the tour took about 25 minutes with the first 10 minutes being an audio visual presentation. We weren't allowed to actually take photos inside the castle, I am not sure why but I did sneak a few to show you. They aren't great quality as I was trying to be as sneaky as I could with the camera!

(From top left) - Screen which was placed in dining room | Amazing wallpaper which was carried through the hallways throughout the entire castle | Painting by AE Russell | Book collection in library which has not been updated since 1930s | Mirror in the dining room | Curtains hanging in the Ensuite of the the master bedroom.


Overall I did really enjoy the day! I loved exploring the gardens and even reading about all the sections and seeing how the castle and gardens has developed over the years and became what it is today from each owner bringing their own ideas to life. Even to walk around the gardens (which is free) and not actually take the castle tour is really interesting in itself.








Just there on Sunday, the weather was pretty unbelievable so we thought it was the perfect day to take advantage and go to the beach. It was a really relaxed day, just sunbathing and walking along the ocean. I absolutely love the beach and love those really chilled days there. I didn't take a lot of photos, so heres just a few that I took.




My friend Nicola, who writes her own blog over on NicNacs

So overall, we have been really enjoying doing these little day trips. It doesn't have to be anything overly exciting or expensive to have a really enjoyable summer. We have been on a few more days out, but we decided to split this in two so Anna's going to write about some of our others days on here so keep an eye out for that 

L&A

No comments:

Post a Comment