Sunday, April 7, 2013

Colour My Wardrobe

So I thought it was time I updated my wardrobe for the summer seasons. I am a fan of my darker shades especially for nights out so I thought it was time to add a splash of colour to the mix!
First thing I bought was a monochrome skirt from River Island which I fell in love with once I seen it! Monochrome is very in an the minute, I had tried the shorts recently brought out in the Rihanna collection but I am not really one for shorts so I was delighted to find this skirt! I found it to be quite dull with a black top so I bought the coral crop top to go with it it but I am on the search for a cobalt blue top because I think it would be ideal!
I also bought a printed dress from River Island in a denim-like and black colour. It has quite a light material and nips in perfectly at the waist with a small capped sleeve. I love the print of this dress it is very detailed and sits perfectly.
The next outfit is entirely from Topshop which is one of my favourite places to shop! I got this muted purple skater skirt which is perfect to wear day or night with the versatile colour and light weight material. I chose two tops to wear with this skirt for the summer season. Both are floral print, one is a more fitted bralet style and the other is a light loosely cut top with a few buttons down the centre. The cut out detail at the back is my favourite detail on this item. There is a selection of colour throughout each top with splashes of purple to tie in with the skirt but this also makes it very easy to match with various items in my wardrobe!
The last item I bought is possibly my favourite item of all my purchases! This was a very reasonably priced dress from Miss Selfridge. This is floral print long fitted dress and I wore this item with a pair of orange wedges and also added some orange lipstick to carry some colour through as the colours are quite pale.
That's all my new items, so I look forward to wearing these very soon!
L&A



Coral top and monochrome skirt - River Island


Printed dress - River Island


Purple skirt and floral top - Topshop


Purple Skirt and floral top - Topshop


Fitted dress - Miss Selfridge

No comments:

Post a Comment