Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Met Ball 2013

I love these celebrity events, looking at who wore what. I'm sure we all do it, and not just to admire either, probably more so to criticize than anything else. The red carpet fashion seems to have some of the best/worst dresses seen! This year, at the Met Gala I genuinely loved some of the dresses worn! It seemed to be monochrome colours that came out on top, in my eyes anyways, with a lot of celebrities opting for blacks and whites. 

Topshops own custom made dresses featured quite heavily at this years event. I love how a high street fashion is finally being brought onto the red carpet! I am sure, they will be pretty pricey once they hit the high-street however it is still a step in the right direction! 

Jourdan Dunn, Ashley Madekwe, Nicole Richie and Chloe
Green all wearing Topshop.

Nicole Richies custom made Topshop dress was definitely one of my favorites from the whole event! The dress itself is very feminine with the floral design throughout, not an obvious choice for the 'Punk: Chaos to Couture' theme however her hair and makeup completed that look! I'll admit, I didn't really love her hair at first but I think, in keeping with the whole idea of the night it suited really well and I loved the dark lip matched with the subtle toned dress.

Nicole Richie's take on
'Chaos to Couture' theme

Cara Delevingne, Emma Watson and Miranda Kerr were another three of my favorite dresses from the Gala. Cara's Burberry dress suited the whole event perfectly. The super-plunge front and the tiny gold spikes  completed the punk look to a tee! The theme itself, it would of been difficult for Cara to actually get it wrong, her usual style with dark eyebrows and heavy eye makeup was appropriate! 
Cut-Out was another favorite amongst the celebs this year. Emma Watsons Prabal Gurung gown suited her petite frame flawlessly! The strappy detail at the top, showing her stomach was evened out appropriately with the long train flowing behind. Mullet dresses and skirts were very popular in Summer 2012 so they could possibly be making a comeback for this year!
Miranda Kerr, I believe, would look amazing in a bin bag! Her super toned slender figure was shown off amazingly in this Michael Kors gown! It is quite a revealing dress but suited her toned mid riff perfectly! The deep red lip also set off the black floor length dress.

Cara Delevingne

Emma Watson

Miranda Kerr

There was so many admirable dresses at this years Met Ball. I also loved Blake Livelys Gucci dress and Carey Mulligans simple Lavin black cut-out dress but my personal favorite was definitely Rooney Maras Givenchy dress! I think both her and Nicole Richie took quite a similar approach to Punk with a more glamorous side adding, small more subtle hints to the theme. Rooney Mara also wore a dark lip. The plunging front and zip detail added that edge to the lace gown. I absolutely loved the style of this dress, with so much detail in the shoulders and the perfectly flowing mullet design. 

Rooney Mara

So that's just a few of the dresses I loved. Of course like any of these red carpet events, not everyone seems to get it right ha

Madonna, Miley Cyrus and Kim Kardashian


L&A


No comments:

Post a Comment