Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mix and Match


I recently bought this off the shoulder crop top online from Boohoo I often wear shirts, or tops that are quite high in the neck so I really wanted to try this as it would be quite a new look for me. I think it makes the black crop top look a lot more feminine without being too exposed! I am seeing this style more often in dress,etc. and I really like it. The top only cost around 9euro (perks of being a student) and the shipping was free! It fits perfectly and sits really comfortably off the shoulder. 

When I purchased, I also bought a sort of tie dye print midi skirt from Missguided I loved the skirt when I seen it online and loved the sort of grunge look. Online, the skirt has more of a warmer tone, like a deepish grey mixed with black however, in real life, it is a lot more white than grey. I do still love the skirt, and plan on keeping it, I was just slightly disappointed.


Anyways I bought this top with the intention of just wearing it with this skirt. Turned out, I had a lot more in my wardrobe already to wear it with. I love when this happens! I had recently bought a bright cobalt blue skirt from Topshop. The two blocks of colour looks really well with some gold jewellery to finish it off! The skirt is very vibrant so it really stands out next to the black top. This shade of blue is my favourite colour to wear at the minute so I am looking forward to wearing this statement skirt quite often through summer.


I also had a another skirt, a deep green pleated skater skirt which was also from Missguided I was planning to wear this skirt with a plain, little white shirt for a simple, daytime look. When I tried it with the top I loved it! I imagine it with a lot of statement gold jewellery and bright lip for a sort of festival look!


The last item, I have decided to match my top with is a white and black polka dot skirt from River Island. I bought this skirt last year and wore it with a cropped denim shirt. I loved it when I got it, but I haven't really got much wear out of it since so I am really happy that I will now get the chance to wear it! It's quite a statement skirt so I found it best to keep the top quite simple. The material of this skirt allows it to sit so well, it sort of flows out so next to the tight top it looks great. I plan to wear this with a brightly coloured lip, possibly a fuchsia or even a bright red, to add a bit of colour coming into the summertime!



L&A




No comments:

Post a Comment