Monday, May 13, 2013

My Everyday Makeup



 Products
Mac Prep and Prime - Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural Powder - Gosh Bronzing Powder - Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Liner - Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil - Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara - Topshop Lipstick


I start off by using Mac Prep and Prime. I only started to use primers at the start of last year. I never really thought they would make much of a difference to my makeup. I used Gosh Velvet Touch Primer first off and really liked it. It made my skin have a more silky feel giving a smoother surface to apply my foundation. However, it didn't really help with making my foundation last any longer so I wasn't completely happy with it. One day I was in the Mac store I decided to try this and I really like it! I find it gives my foundation a more even and flawless finish and I also find it helps my foundation last longer throughout the day.

Wake Me Up Foundation in 'True Ivory'
Wake Me Up Concealer in 'Ivory'

I seen this foundation talked about a lot when it came out so I kinda had to try it! I really liked the natural glow it gives my skin and it has just the right amount of coverage for daytime. I never really like to wear heavy foundation during the day so this was perfect. I decided to try the concealer a few months ago and I also was really happy with it. I only really use a small bit of this for around my eyes but I think it really brightens my eyes and gives that little bit more coverage wherever/whenever needed. 

Powder in 'Medium'

I first started using this powder a couple of years back. I don't have a Mac Store nearby so it is never really easy to get my hands on the products! I have used a few different powders in between this but I always seem to come back to this one. I am quite picky with powders as I find some of them give too much of a 'powdery finish and can make your foundation look kinda dry. This, as it says in the name of it, gives a natural finish and when used with the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation looks really well. My makeup usually has quite a dewy finish using these two products which I really like!


Naked 2 is definitely one of my favourite palettes. It has such nice colours for either day or night. I love using golds and browns on my eyes so it's really perfect for me! When the first Naked Palette came out I never actually got around to buying it. It was talked about so much and loved by a lot of bloggers so I wasn't really hesitant to try Naked 2! I love that there is a good mixture of shimmer and matte shadows in this palette! During the day I usually apply 'half baked' across my lid and a small bit of 'tease' through my crease. I use 'bootycall' as a highlight in my inner corner but I also love this as a highlight on my brow bone or even as a cheek highlight!

Eyeliner in '100% Black'

This is definitely my favorite liquid eyeliner! I usually like to keep my eyes quite bright for during the day not using eyeliner in my waterline. So to give a bit of definition I apply a thin line of liquid eyeliner above my lash-line. This eyeliner has more of a solid brush making it so easy to apply. A lot of other eyeliners, I find have too much of a 'floppy' end and can turn out quite messy when applying above your lash-line. I have also used this in the brown colour when I want a more natural look.


I did not actually intentionally buy this mascara. I got it free in a Soap and Glory gift set for Christmas. I have only recently started to use it (ran out of my other mascara) and I really like this product. I don't have a mascara I buy on a regular basis, I jump around trying a lot of different ones. I love the thicker brush on this, at first, I thought it would of been quite clumpy but I think it adds a thick layer of mascara to your lashes giving them a lot of definition. My eyelashes are naturally quite non-existence so I need a mascara like this even during the day.

Lipstick in 'Ohh La La'

I love to wear lipstick during the day and at the minute, I am loving orange! I found this in Topshop after I seen a friend of mine, Donna, using a similar shade. I have only recently started to use their make up products and I really enjoy their line of lip colours! This colour is very pigmented however not too in your face if you prefer a more subtle lip. It lasts quite well, only fading lightly as the day goes on. They seem quite moisturizing on your lips, not leaving them dry at all which is usually a big downside to a lot of lipsticks. 

To finish off my make up I use Gosh Powder to contour my cheek bones. I use this is in the colour 'Natural Glow' I don't often wear blusher during the day, when I do I usually use my Benefit Sugar Bomb blush. I didn't photograph these two items as they have both been dropped and broken and I have already cleaned those messes up once! 


L&A

No comments:

Post a Comment